Well, I did it.
I survived.
My husband has been gone for nearly ten days and I made it through.
He's been gone before. And definatley has been gone for longer than 10 days.
So I survived yet again. No major catastrophies.
Except my house is messy. Not, Oprah intervention, DSS reporting kind of messy, just not what my husband should have to see I degenerate to while he's a way messy.
But I am EXAUSTED.
So I made a decision.
I decided to skip church.
What?
Yes, all 3 hours.
Me and mine are sleeping in.
Eating pancakes until we are visibilty bloated.
Then we will clean up. Beds, laundry, floors.
What?
Rest from your labors?
I know. And yes, now that you ask, I do feel a little guilty.
But I don't want anyone to know.
I asked a bestie if she thought skipping was a biggie.
She didn't answer.
She's no Bonnie to my Clyde. But her hair extentions were rockin' so it was a wash.
Then I called my 2nd couselor. No, I don't have a 1st one. So does that mean the 2nd automatically becomes the first?
No.
Then I called the bishop.
And I sounded confident in my decision. Except I babbled too much and had my eyes kind of sqiunty. Like I had just dropped an expensive chatchkie.
But I still meant business.
So, here I am.
Happy to be around all my kids.
(Remind me I said this)
Happy to have a slow day to clean and prepare for my sweetheart.
Hoping I'm not going to regret this.
How's skipping working out?
ReplyDeleteBy the way, we lived in Vista for a long time, but we're further away now. Thanks for the birthday wishes!
So glad you have your husband back! Happy, happy for sure.
ReplyDeleteI don't have a very good poker face... Need to work on that one. I think I was more jealous at the thought. I would torment myself on a daily basis if I skipped. That just goes against my personality...
ReplyDeleteI am totally for planned skipping. I take a yearly Gluttony Sunday. I go out for breakfast. Those days make me feel that God is Great in a way High Priest talks never will. I sing my own hymns. "Praise to the man who served me my pancakes..." I feel refreshed. Alive. And I'm a better congregant when I show up the following week.
ReplyDeleteNext time you do this, give me a call. Even if I'm a country away, we can stare at each other giddily over webcam.