I volunteered in my daughter's 5th grade class this morning.
We discussed art.
All the paintings were done by black artists and featured black people.
We looked at a painting depicting a parade.
A boy raised his hand. He said when he lived in California, there were lots of Spaniards.
And Mexicans.
She did not speak english.
I did not speak spanish.
I did not tell them of my other neighbor. Her name was Fanny.
I knew this fact would get us off track.
I said goodbye.
I went to the fabric store.
I picked out 2 patterns for aprons.
I perused the fabrics.
I noticed I had cut my finger and it was bleeding.
I held my finger in a funny position, afraid I would get bits of blood on a bevy of materials.
I was wearing an Addidas track suit that makes me think I probably look like the lady in Glee.
I have never seen Glee, so I don't know how I know there is a lady on the show that wears Adiddas track suits.
I found cute, coordinating cottons and made my way to the counter;
Where I apparently flipped the cashier off, unbeknowst to me.
I started home and remembered how the other night, just before we fell asleep, my husband farted the funniest sounding fart and we both laughed until we couldn't breath.
I'm on my 2nd double gulp of the day.

No comments:
Post a Comment