Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Best Medicine

When you need a laugh, what do you think of?

I think of the time my pregnant friend fell.
ISN'T THAT HORRIBLE?
No lie, I'm laughing right now just thinking about it. And that was...8 1/2 years ago.
Sorry Heather D.

I also think of the time Su B. and I were at Heather D's house (pattern emerging?)
and we stayed up 'til some ridiculous time, like 4am. When we finally gave in to sleep, and quieted down, we could hear this weird noise. Like a tucan bird or something..."Ca-caw". Everytime we heard it, it sent us into fits of laughter. Still does.

Or I think of the time my husband and I expained the birds and the bees to our son and he promptly asked, "is that why you guys are always so tired in the morning?"
I was so embarrassed I started mumbling about staying up late to do laundry. ???
My husband tried to high five me.

Or there's the time the I had surgery and the OB/GYN just kept going on and on about- no- ya know what? I can't put this one out there for public consumption. But, boooooy is it funny. Those of you who have heard this story still bring it up. If there is a publisher out there looking for a book titled, "What a male/lesbian gynocologist should NEVER say", let me know. I could write the intro, Chapters 1-12 and a few epilogues.

Laughing is my favorite. Sometimes, when I say my prayers, I even ask for a chance to belly laugh until I can no longer control my facial expressions and/or pee on myself. Truely.

So, what makes you laugh?

1 comment:

  1. A. You're talented at this blogging business - that's not easy.
    B. You know the cartoon chilly willy? There's an episode where he is served a huge stack of flapjacks...anyway, I lose it every time I think about it.

    ReplyDelete