I took my kids to the beach Saturday.
I wore a 2 piece pink number. Can't you picture it? I have a touch of tan and I think hot pink looks really great on tan skin. Awesome, right?
I won't tell you that it's an old maternity swimsuit and that it fits.
While I was relaxing in my chair, diet coke sweating at my side, iPod on shuffle, I heard someone say, "You're gorgeous."
I'm no fool.
There was no way in heck I was going to turn, not even to see who the guy was talking about.
Several hours later, I watched my older boys quickly toss yard tools into the shed, dark clouds bringing night in the middle of the day. I just stood in front of my french doors watching the rain turn my patio furniture cushions from light green to dark green.
Then I saw him. He was standing in the backyard, shirt wet and getting wetter. It was starting to cling to him, highlighting the shape of his shoulders. He called out to me, arms wide open at his sides, "Aren't you going to come outside and kiss me?" It was the same voice from earlier in the day; at the beach.
Without hesitation, I opened the door, stepped out into the rain and did just that.
I shouldn't tell you that after a long, passionate kiss I told him to go in through the garage door; I didn't want him to make a mess of my floors. He grabbed my butt and growled just as I walked away.
No comments:
Post a Comment