Friday, December 3, 2010

A Day with The Man From Madrid

In reaction to my emotional meltdown, I took better care of myself this week.
 In fact, today I read a book.
An embarrassingly awesome book.
Want proof? Here's the cover:





Too bad the picture cut off. His bare feet, ankles crossed, on the Spanish tiles really hit home this moment of deep consideration.

My favorite lines?
So glad you asked.

Page 11, first sentance:

"She had a musical voice and nice ankles, he noticed before she disappeared."

Sometimes I think about how I will be remembered. I think being remembered as someone with a nice voice and musical ankles ( I really did type it that way..Freudian?)
Like I was saying, being remembered as someone with a musical voice and nice ankles seems like a good place to start.

My other favorite line, page 125:

"Now I'm a downtrodden housewife, kept perpetually pregnant by this male chauvinist."

That was so funny I stopped what I was doing to text Kelly.
Declarations like that are too funny not to share.
I liked it even more because the wife was very happily married and only pregnant with her second. Thats hardly perpetual. She barely had a leg to stand on.
I have tallied the amount I have spent pregnant and nursing.
85 months, give or take.
85 months.

Maybe I should write a book.
I have some great declarations.
I do declare.

5 comments:

  1. Oh. my. I'd like to see your book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pregnant and nursing 46 months---but i did do 2 at a time twice so does my number double???? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel you, I am on month 79. And Samuel has no intention of stopping. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie, you are like the American Express Gold card. You are double points for everything.
    You are efficiency personified!


    Rachelle- 79 months.
    Wow. How long do you nurse?
    I cut them off when they start playing with their food.
    Keep it up.
    Happy baby = happy mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephanie, I agree you should get double points.

    Rachel, I nursed Jeremy to 26 months, Zachary to 14 months (he only stopped because I was pregnant and he did not like the taste) and Samuel is at 13 months right now.

    Of course, it does get tiring because they don't want a bottle only mommy and so I have been the one getting up with all of them, putting all of them down to bed for naps, etc. So it can make me really crazy. But I enjoy looking down at the little face while they are nursing. And it does give me a break from work. That is the very nice thing about working from home for 7 years, I have not had to give up any baby time.

    ReplyDelete