Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wednesday, Around 2pm

Some words and thoughts from my day (not in chronological order):

Calvin (3): "Mom can I have more pancakes pleeeeeeese"
Me: "Sorry. I don't have any more pancakes."
Calvin: "Poop!"

Me (while on the phone with Kelly): "What happened to PotteryBarn. There stuff used to be so cute. It's kind of lame now."
Kelly: "You've graduated to Restoration Hardware."



Kelly: "My house is thrashed. I have so much to do I don't know where to start. I'm sort of walking around aimlessly. Do you ever do that?"
Me: "No. I'm great when it's a total disaster; I dive right in. It's when it's only a little messy that I drop the ball. I think I'm just comfortable with a certain amout of mess. "



At the crack of dawn I was driving my son to school. I don't know how or why but I started thinking about Hummers. Weird, right? Those big, boxy SUVs. I thought about how they went belly-up (I love that phrase and use it as much as possible. You should, too.)
Why did they go belly-up? Is it because it seemed like only arrogant, douch-baggy guys bought them?
Can a stereo type bring down an entire company in a capitolistic society?
No. No way.
And then I was done thinking about it.
And I dropped my son off for the day.
I was driving back home, plotting my first trip of the day for a fresh diet coke. Will Mr. Hetman be there?
He's my favorite convienence store cronie.
Suddenly, with out warning, a car pulled out in front of me.
I slammed on the brakes, not good considering the icy roads.
And what do you know? It wasn't just any car.
It was a Hummer.

What a douche bag.


PS- if anyone has a better non-swear alternative to douche bag, I'm all ears.





 

3 comments:

  1. Fragile Rat, makes no sense, but it works for me.

    What a Fragile Rat!

    I know, thumb and index finger to head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dirt bag, honey. That's the clean way to say it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, hummers are just an extension of...oh well this is probably not the place to say. my friend's son and his family just got broadsided by a hummer last week.they are oK (including their 6 mo. old son in his car seat in the back) but their car is totaled.the hummer douche bag-fragile rat-dirt bag didnt "see" them as he ran the stop sign!

    ReplyDelete