Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thursday

I was just at Walmart. I look so hideous, I wondered if someone was behind me with a camera. And that maybe I'd see myself in an email Jen Greene always sends me. I looked up at the security camera.
Eek! I did look gross. 3/4 length yoga pants and a Coldplay t-shirt. And gold flip-flops. With a giraffe print extra large handbag. And to add a look of sophistication, my glasses.
The good news: no camera man behind me. But then I worried someone with a Willie Nelson Halloween mask would come in and rob the place and the security footage would be released nationwide...with me, standing at the site-to-store counter waiting for my husbands new ipod- and no make up.

Last night, I went to dinner. I tried to wear something cute. I opted or my dark skinny jeans. I don't know if it's irony or felicity to feel fat in skinny jeans. Let's just say after dinner, when I had to go to a PTO meeting and sit front and center with the rest of the board members, I could hardly sit up. I think I came across too laid back; casual in the extreme while we discussed fieldtrips and fundraisers. The pants were just so tight, sitting up was dreadful. Darn you french dip!

I went to join a gym today.
It was closed when I got there. So I went home and ate pizza and some peanut M&Ms.
I'll try again tomorrow.

And lastly, you know what makes me SO irritated? When my husband says, "You seem irritatted."
I swear steam blows out my ears as I smile and say, "No, not at all."

1 comment:

  1. Um, yeah. I think I've had that day, too. Only, I don't own any skinny jeans.

    The irritated comment is right up there with, "You look awful!" Makes me want to say, "Thanks! I feel so much better now!"

    ReplyDelete