Since we last chatted, things have been pretty normal.
I answered an email chain about a jump-rope-a-thon activity at the elementary school. The kids would get sponsers and we'd donate the money to the American Heart Assc. I replied that I would need a new bra. the PTO pres (and great friend) let me know that I wouldn't be the one jumping, it's only the children at the school who jump rope.
To which I replied:
"Phew! Because that wouldn't be pretty. And anyone who'd pay to watch me jump rope is a sickko and shouldn't be around children."
Then I noticed that this email chain wasn't just between the four PTO board members. These emails were also going to the principal and handsome PE teacher that I have seem turn mothers into a pile of goo with just a smile.
Great.
That was all last night just before I went to bed. No big. Tomorrow (today) is a new day.
Kids to school. Nice long shower in an empty house, blarring what ever music I want. I'm shopping with a girlfriend tonight who is hunting for the perfect 20 year highschool reunion outfit. This is a big deal in my little world. I never do somthing this exotic on a Thursday. Full hair and make up in honor of the looming dress hunt.
I made a quick stop at the grocery store before rounding up the kids.I was casually tossing stuff in the cart- Oreo's, buiscuts in a can...lots of junk. I remembered back to Saturday's pee-wee football game where I sat with my besties husband and we watched our boys run the field. Somehow in the conversation, it came out that I weigh the same as him. THE SAME AS MAN!!! I don't really care that he's recovering from some pretty serious health stuff. Or that I've had 5 kids and still wear single digit jeans. I weigh the same as a man.
A quick trip down the health food isle. Green drinks, dark purple drinks, greek stuff.
Running out of time....got to go...
When I heard the total from the cashier, I fainted. Healthy stuff is expensive. And it's supposed to make me live longer? I need to readjust my retirement portolio if this is the way things are going to be.
If I made it out of the parking lot in time to make the light, and there was no one in line, I would be able to get a diet coke before preschool lets out. Hussling through the parking lot could be like exercise!
Thanks to my hussle, I made it. And then when I was in line to pay for my drink. And then there was a box of Lindor truffles next to the register. The black ones....my favorites. $.39 each or 3 for a dollar. I should just get one. But buying 3 brings down the individual cost. And I just spent so much money on health food. I need to be cost effective if I'm going to live a long time.
No comments:
Post a Comment