I found a booger on the wall in the TV room.
My husband is working late. Again.
I found a great idea for a service project to do in the community. It's based on the children's book, "100 Dresses". It's were you invite your friends to go thru their closets and find something nice and clean and gently used and donate it to a women's shelter. Love the notion. I'm all over that. Got the ball rolling with a couple emails.
I found some neat stuff my kids can make and take to the firestation so when the fireman go on a call involving a child, they'll have a blanket or doll or bear to give to the child. When my son, Ethan, was whisked away by an ambulance, I caught up to him in the ER and there, by his side was a plush white polar bear. Time to return the favor.
I'm starting to like dark chocolate. Didn't see that coming.
Just before bedtime, I read "Ferdinand" to my youngest boys. It was my favorite as a child. I called it, "Ferdinand and the Flowers" and even though I couldn't repeat the story to you until I started reading it to my kids, when I picked it up and looked at the art work, I almost cried. Like seeing an old, beloved friend. Frankly, it isn't a wonder people
think I'm nuts. I wonder what that says about little 4 year old Rachel that that was my favorite story. I vividly remember the illustrations from "The Pokey Little Puppy". But I have never gotten verklempt over that book.
My daughter just called name. She's out of shampoo so I told her to use her brother's AXE shampoo. I smiled as I walked away listening to her moan and groan.
So, I think that's it. Everyone is tubbed and scrubbed. I'm going to read. Or watch tv. Maybe the Flight of the Conchords were they think Bret is bulemick. I have no idea how to spell that word.
Then, I think I'll greet my husband with an innapeoppriate kiss.
Perfect.

No comments:
Post a Comment