A list of idiosyncrasies for your enjoyment:
I have a pencil holder and a pen holder. It bothers me when they get jumbled together, which they currently are. Even though the pencils still have erasers and the pens all have caps, I may junk them all and start over. I find serious joy in a pencil holder full of orangy/yellow pencils with large, bright pink erasers. NO PENS ALLOWED! GET YOUR OWN HOLDER!
I love to pop pimples. Gross to some; bliss to me.
According to my mother-in-law, I have lovely nailbeds.
That's right, nailbeds. Eat your heart out Gisele.
I have a Gordon Lightfoot station on Pandora.
I'd rather be smart than attractive. So why do I spend more time thinking about losing weight that enlightening my mind?
I find vacuuming very fulfilling.
I can share a toothbrush, even gum, but I can not, for the life of me, share milk. As soon as someone else drinks it, the whole glass is contaiminated. It just gets all thick and spitty.
The older I get, the more I realize that I would hate to be famous. I'm alright with being the center of attention, sometimes, but only when I feel like it. Other times, I want to blend into the wallpaper. Being photgraphed walking out a WalMart would bother me. Maybe because it's Walmart, maybe not.
I have the BEST friends, on both coasts and in the middle. Ever.
Best advice all summer:
Keep Tolstoy on the shelf, Carla Kelly on the Kindle.
I think cheeseburgers are always a good idea.
I have some insecurities. But I think I may be more insecure about having insecurities than about the actual insecurity itself. I know, right?
Sometimes, especially if I've read something Jane Austeny, I fret about how I'd have been something like the scullery maid or the fish monger's daughter and I wouldn't have been able to meet my husband. What a waste of nevous energy. I do the same thing if I watch the Bachelor...I worry he wouldn't have picked me. He thinks I'm so weird he leaves the room. I'm pretty sure this is a romance killer. I will try to remember to fret silently next season. On a lighter note, Kelly says she would hire me to be her maid or something (her hubby is French royalty, you know) and so we'd still have each other.
I 100% loved "Night and Day"- the Tom Cruise/Cameron Diaz movie. Seems like I may have been the only one. I'm willing to stand alone on this.
I loved my sophomore year of highschool. I can't remeber the english teacher's name...Mr.G something??
He was hilarious. If I could, I go back to then and memorize everything he ever said.
So....any thing you'd like to share.
anything i'd like to share? hmmm.....rachel,your deep!me-not so much.
ReplyDelete